Saturday, October 25, 2014

Wattpad Work: Tied

One of the poems in my newly completed poem compilation, To Love, To Write is "Tied".
In this poem, my little flashbacks helped me illustrate it into a metaphor of getting committed by getting tied.


Another world I stepped upon
And here I am still tied on where I came from
Tied from there to my heart
And how it hurts to cut it off
When I have to. 
For I recall the pain it gives
When he tugs the line
Pulls the line
Harder til my heart almost squeeze. 
I was never led by suicidal thoughts
But everyone saw me alive
But dead inside
And I walk like it, talk like it, act like it. 
And I found you here
And there and all around
But I still have the remaining rope
Knotted around my heart. 
I went here and there
And all around
Asked for help to set it free
But it is still knotted around my heart. 
Until you had me loose
To tie me into you
And again
I felt it again. 
That I am alive inside
And I talk like it, walk like it, act like it
Until you pull and tug
How it hurts. 
But as long as I feel alive
I'll be afraid to die
And I won't let it die.

(c) OriginalAS / (c)AnamarieSoya

No comments:

Post a Comment