Sunday, October 26, 2014

Point-Of-View: Writing in a New Genre, Improvisations & Conditioning

Elaborating genres I've written like:"...teenage love..."

To tell the truth, I've been hungering for months to write a new story again. Just last night, I re-read an old story I wrote on FB notes and decided to polish it a bit then post! Ta-da! I didn't have so much expectations about it since it's one of my very amature works.

Now, I am still trying to condition my mind to write something new. I have written typical high school love stories, May-December affair, non-May-December affair, teenage love, adult love, a little bit of sensual themes and innocent ones, suspense, action, romance, comedy, paranormal... yes, I've been through those already.



"Maybe I should try writing a fantasy story..."
Maybe I should try writing a fantasy story, but I am already committed to writing a paranormal story for a manga with my guy. I guess, I will reach the goal, after all, paranormal could touch the fantasy genre I was talking about. Uh, I know I should start doing it already but I am putting my mind in condition.

How do you put your mind in condition to write?

I already made a playlist to inspire me to write the theme of this story; I already downloaded pictures too to give me an insight on how to improvise the looks of the character; and I also did research for background... now, just a little more improvisation.

Improvisation is good right? I mean, you take a look at one's idea and find a way to originate your own out of it. But of course, it is rightfully our responsibility as writers to give out credit to our writing influences or inspirations (which I am always willing to do when I do adopt a concept of someone else).

So, I have also prepared a story plot. In fact, my brain has traveled way too far I already have an idea for the second book of this story I already committed myself to write.

Now I just need a little tap on my shoulder to get this started. (I will let my conscience do that for me.)


Source of pictures: Google Images



No comments:

Post a Comment