Sunday, October 26, 2014

Point-Of-View: Rhapsody

This is one of my original poems-- Rhapsody. It is the happiest poem I've written so it's been a favorite since I mostly write about blunt honesty and heartaches.


In this poem, I am trying to make a statement of how love feels like in aspects mostly positive but also seems some negative side of it which just sounds a positive sign of being in love. (Well, you decide if I delivered it right.)

RHAPSODY

rhap·so·dy ˈrapsədē/ noun   1. an effusively enthusiastic or ecstatic expression of feeling.

No rhyming, no same syllables at the end
Just an enthusiastic feeling wanting to be freed
And the butterflies just fluttered
Cannot lift me but they lingered. 
And the little voices are mute
Oh and do I find it cute?
If the dark skies glitter with raindrops
And there is scarcity in teardrops. 
Cute is not the word
May I ask the world?
Bet their answer
Differ from one another. 
Do they feel the warmth that night
Defeat the chill being hugged tight?
Do they feel the smooth slide
Against the friction, oh, it's been a while. 
And do they feel the wanting
To turn around, go dancing?
Do they feel the tears attempting
To fall out of the overwhelming feeling? 
Do they feel the jump in every threat
And so blessed in every breath?
Do they feel happy in isolation
reminiscing memories that one cannot mention. 
Do they feel the rush in every meeting
And the blush in every feeling
And the crush in every departing
And the freedom of loving
And the gift of choosing? 
Do they feel the day, embrace the sunlight
Grab the day with a smile so bright?
In sickness and in health
None to make the feelings melt. 
And if it does, it just flows
Through the veins, who know?
To the heart it goes
And all around all the time, after glow. 
No music to relate but to match
The feelings overflowing so much
Can't express in any other way
But so rhapsodic to show anyway. 
I gave my strength and weakness
Enveloped myself in sadness
Revealed myself in gladness
No contentment beyond the stress. 
Too inflated to compress
So my hands can't find her peace
And my mind wants to impress
You, disturb your peace. 
And this will take a long while to finish
So rhapsodic but to finish
This is what all of it brings me
The feeling of rhapsody.

(c)  OriginalAS / (c) AnamarieSoya
Source of Picture: Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment