Sunday, October 26, 2014

Point-Of-View: Learned from Bizzy

This time, I fell to a decision that I'd rather put all of it in this note than going all flood quotes on my wall hahaha :D

Bizzy Bone, (Real Name: Bryon McCane) is one of the members of the Grammy-awarded rap group, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony. I've been a fan of BTNH for quite some time (counting... almost three years!) and so, I learned a lot of things with their songs especially the words in there. Their delivery of the lyrics are smooth or rough but nevertheless, matches the mood or setting of the story of the song that they want to express.

I think I'll make notes about Kray, Lay, Flesh and Wish too. But I better admit, my favorite Bone is Bizzy and here's a list of all that I learned from Bizzy, in random order from different songs. (I know I cannot make a perfect list but here it goes haha!)



1. "I don't even need you. I am too cold, I cough without the flu." - Bizzy Bone, So Cool

** Sometimes, for a person at the peak of his success, he goes through trials, affected by the wrongs done to them by people they used to trust or those who belittled them. The struggle taught him to be strong, to fight until that comes close as being numb or insensitive to pain, mercy. Or maybe one can't be insensitive, but at least, cold... careful with revealing what they really feel inside or letting people in into their lives.

2. " I still think about the struggles of my younger days, of my younger age, younger ways, plenty things..." - Bizzy Bone, So Cool

** We cannot avoid reminiscing the past. Like never. We may change how we feel toward it, how we think about it, how we understand the situations we've been through but we always take a little peak, looking back a little to refresh everything we went through and what we learned from them. Going back to the past and living in the past has differences with looking back to the past. And we remember all the things we did, every mistake we did. It is our younger version because we mature when we learned from our experiences.

3. " I am not guilty! I am not guilty! I am not guilty! I plead freedom of speech, liberation to reach each and every child out there, to teach my dawgs, I'm strong! I'm bold!" - Bizzy Bone, Social Studies

** This explains it already. The importance of freedom of speech.

4. "They don't know me... They don't even know me... how can I fake ya'll, shake ya'll, break ya'll?" - Bizzy Bone, Beauty (You Just A Rose)

** Real Talk: People have the guts to judge us without even knowing who we really are.

5. "Baby, you got to realize that these young mothaf**kas that you got yourselves rollin' with, these little niggas don't know anything about loyalty." - Bizzy Bone, Dear Layzie

** You always get to have deep concerns for your best friend. Best, true friend. Not only in times they leave you, but also because of the people around them that seems suspicious.

6. "How could you just ride with 'em? Ain't you smelling something funny?" - Bizzy Bone, Dear Layzie

**  Friendships goes through trials. And all you can do is speak (or even rap about it) to make them realize something... that there's something wrong going on.

7. "Yes, we rock for the Lord." - Bizzy Bone, This Is Why I'm Hot

** No one else comes first than the Lord.

8. "Friends? Heh. Friends come and go, I already learned that shit. Even through death or money issues or- You know, I mean, just time and space. Family, sometimes your biggest enemies. You know, shit. Shit." - I Understand, Bizzy Bone

** It is inevitable that important people in our lives come and go, or go against us. The best thing we can come up doing is to soul search, make a fresh start in life and become better. Not exactly for these people, but also for ourselves. But we can only do this for ourselves if we have people or situations that will motivate us to do so.

9. "What are you going through? What are you going through? If you only knew. (Nobody can stop me) What are you going through? What are you going through? If you only knew." - Bizzy Bone, Nobody Can Stop Me

** Inspirational song in so many levels. It lifts you up in a sense that we are reminded that no matter how hard we go through in life, we should also think that many other people goes through the same or maybe worse struggles with us and that should not stop us to go on living our lives the best way we could. We may carry heavy problems, but if we only knew that other people goes through the same thing, we should then show that this won't stop us. Anyway, Bizzy put some had situations in his life in the lyrics of these songs, giving a share that he also goes through the tough times like we do, and he advises to us what he did, not letting those trials stop him.

10. "Real women recognize real men, this is true." - Bizzy Bone, Don't Ask Me Why

** Actually, the whole song makes sense. The whole song gives us a lesson on leaving a relationship that doesn't work for us. It includes leaving all the things that will only remind you of the relationship because it will only "mess up the mood". Maybe this is a prideful move for the guys (and girls, since Bizzy noted in the song that this also goes for the women too) but this just teaches a lesson that when you've had enough, don't deprive yourself of the happiness and freedom that both of you deserves but can't find in each other's arms anymore. Go out of the door.

11. "...you know, if I love unconditional, this the residual, world individual..." - Bizzy Bone, I Need You

** Sometimes we search for somebody to love us with a promise to love them unconditionally too.

12. "There's always something you gotta give up. If you want everything you want." - Bizzy Bone, Can't Give It Up (BTNH song)

** Well, it's true in some situations.

13. "You don't know me, don't tell me you love me!" - Bizzy Bone, Can't Give It Up

** Well, we just know when people are being a pretend to us (or by the way we treat us) and we know it because we know that they don't know who we really are. Or maybe this is also a little warning that they don't know us so they cannot convince us too easy with what they tell us.

14. "We get the hustle on the spring, fall. In the summer, winter months we gonna praise Jesus!" - Bizzy Bone, Rebirth (BTNH song)

** The line says it all.

15.  "Looking at death with the last of my breath. Follow, follow my kids but don't sin in my steps." - Bizzy Bone, Thug Luv

** I don't know if my interpretation is right, but I learned out of here that we are all taking the path towards being good, but Bizzy seemed to make failures, and so advises we should not make mistakes we'd truly regret or make the same mistakes that he did.

16. "When the worse comes to worst, I'mma get down and dirty!" - Bizzy Bone, Money, Money (BTNH song)

** This is what we call having this fighting spirit. Things can get tough so we have to do every means to win versus the challenges of life. It intends to test your strength by bringing you down. You only get  to rise up to prove you can.

17. "Give me the strength, God, I got whipped." - Bizzy Bone, Determination (BTNH song)

** Sounds like a prayer. And we never forget to also ask Him for help.

18. "Never confuse, better to move, ride and do it." - Bizzy Bone, Determination (BTNH song)

** What are your goals? Focus on it! Don't let life mess up your concentration and confuse you. Better know how to live your life and stick to it. In everything you do, any career, any mission, any task, just focus on it, take a little ride or go with the flow and just do it!

Source: My Own FB Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment