Monday, October 5, 2015

Point-Of-View: Free Taste Fail

I am going to share one of my recent posts on Facebook.
Lately, I have been inactive with blogging here just because it is hard for me to use a smart phone in blogging (call me old fashioned, but when it comes to long typing, I prefer using keyboards).
And so, here's my FB post last October 2:


Had three shots today-- three shots of different flavors of this juice drink in a supermarket. The sales ladies were offering a free taste at their booth so I gave it a try. Looking like an interested customer for them, they gave me two more free tastes o f that juice's other flavors. 
Finally, I was pursuaded to choose which one to buy. I said I wanted the third flavor. To my disappointment, they said that the only available flavors are the first and second flavors. So, I reluctantly chose the first flavor. One of the ladies opened a cooler to get me a bottle of that juice flavor. And once again, I was disappointed to see some bottles of the flavor that I chose first. If I didn't pay attention to the cooler, I could have not noticed that. But I paid attention and saw that. 
I accepted the bottle they gave me. I thanked them and left. As I approached the supermarket's cashier, I left that bottle inside the basket I used.
I will never ever pay for something given to me like that. ðŸ˜‚😂😂
My points are: One, why would they ever give a free taste of a product or a product's flavor if they don't sell it? 
Number two, if their intention was to increase the sales of the two other flavors then why offer a free taste of the flavor that they claimed 'not available' because they ran out of stock. 
Number Three: Yes, it is a smart move to cheat on a customer or the target market if it will keep the business profitable. But don't ever get caught. It won't leave a good impression.

So, what do you think about it? Will you buy for the same style of marketing that I experienced from the two sales ladies?

(c)OriginalAS/Anamarie Soya
Image Source: Pinterest.com

No comments:

Post a Comment